Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Seeds #5, #6, #7, #8, #9

I had five more seeds sprouting their radicles today. Seed #5 is the best of the bunch, the others are barely showing a root, and in a couple cases, only just breaking open the seed coat. I'm splitting the post into five separate ones, which will make it easier to track a seed's progress later on using my tags (seed_5, seed_6, seed_7, seed_8, seed_9).

I didn't see any harm in putting them in the soil a little bit early. These are all from my second batch of seeds, from April 27. They've been in their baggies for twelve days.

At this point, after three weeks, 9 of my 117 seeds have germinated, and 3-4 were discarded due to mold. I couldn't be happier with these results. I expect somewhere between twenty to thirty percent of the remaining seeds to germinate in the next two months.

No comments: